Full-Time Instructor Posted 4/5/19
Founded in, 2017, Gateway EMS Training provides healthcare career education and certification to New Orleans High School students who want to enter the health care field or pursue an advanced healthcare degree upon graduation. We offer robust and engaging educational curricula ranging from Introduction to Healthcare Careers, Emergency Medical Responder, Emergency Medical Technician, and EKG Technician. Through our programming, we have already educated over 100 students and are on track to expand our presence through additional school partnerships across New Orleans in the coming year..
We are currently seeking a full-time instructor to support our programs starting in the fall of . Successful candidates will be experienced healthcare practitioners who are passionate about introducing New Orleans high school students to a career in healthcare, including Emergency Medical Services. As a GEMS instructor, you will have the opportunity to impart your professional expertise and knowledge on students through a variety of hands-on learning, academic advising, professional development, and institutional and community service. This is an outstanding opportunity for skilled professionals looking to proactively support the growth and learning of young people as well as contribute to the development of GEMS curricula and new partnership opportunities in a successful and growing business. If you’re excited about passing the torch to the next generation of EMTs, submit your application today!
· Demonstrated professional expertise in emergency medical services.
· Experience working in classroom settings.
· Extensive knowledge of industry best practices related to emergency medical services and related fields.
· Desire to work in partnership with the Director of GEMS to forge and sustain relationships with school partners, develop new curricula, and represent the brand of GEMS to the broader public.
· Willingness to accept and teach classes based on scheduling requirements set forth by school partners and in-line with the typical school year workday (7AM-4PM), as well as supplemental night and weekend support as required by school partners.
· Ability to travel between schools throughout the day.
· Desire to pursue continued professional development to enhance skills in various modes of instruction and industry best practices.
· A commitment to equity and demonstrated sensitivity toward and respect for a diverse population of student and colleagues.
· High level of self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and exceed goals.
· Exceptional oral, written, presentation, and communication skills.
· EMT Certification.
· Experience as a Paramedic or Nurse.
· Experience designing curricula and lesson plans, preparing assignments, delivering instruction to students, and evaluating student performance and learning.
· Experience in instruction via alternative training methods, such as distance learning.
· Paramedic, LA EMS Instructor Status, American Heart Association CPR instructor, other instructor certifications.
A minimum of 5 years of experience working as an EMS provider or related field.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree
· Previous experience working in classroom settings
Interested applicants should email the following:
a cover letter;
three (3) references
To: Peter Seltzer
Salary commensurate with experience